POCCA Desal Plant
The Port of Corpus Christi Authority plans to build a baywater desalination plant on La Quinta Channel in order to attract future industrial customers to the Coastal Bend region. IOBCWA opposes the Port's desalination facility on account of the devastation it would wreak on local fish and bird populations as a result of intake and discharge operations within the Channel.
NO CURRENT ACTION - AWAITING NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING WITH TCEQ REGARDING WATER RIGHTS PERMIT 13630
- Public Notice - posted 2/5/21, comments due 3/29/21
- Draft Permit - issued 5/11/20 (3 pages)
- Application - submitted 8/29/19 (57 pages)
- Administratively Complete Packet - approved 5/11/20 (142 pages)
- Submit Comments Online for Permit "WRPERM 13630"
- Review Submitted Comments for TCEQ ID# "WRPERM 13630" (include all Correspondence)