La Quinta Channel - Deepening to 45': USACE Permit #SWG-2006-00515
Currently 37' deep, in 2021 the Port of Corpus Christi Authority (POCCA) sought a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) permit to "maintenance" dredge La Quinta Channel to 45' over the next 10 years. In 2019, the Port held a Scoping Meeting to widen and lengthen the channel, but Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests for documents related to plans for La Quinta Channel are being withheld. The La Quinta Channel runs alongside the City of Ingleside on the Bay, from the Brass Turtle to Bahia Marina, before heading up past Kiewit. Maintenance dredging alone can be quite disruptive, but further deepening or extending it will be even worse.
- Public Notice (Comments due 6/25/21)
- Project Plans (posted on 5/25/21) - these plans from 2/15/06 proposed only 39'-43' depth - NOT 54'! U.S. Army Corps says this was a typo.
- 2019 Public Scoping Presentation (6/14/19) - who in IOB was notified of this?
- Plan to conduct a Feasibility Study (4/30/19) - was this done? where are the results? were they shared with IOB?
- Comment Period Ended: Email comments were to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "SWG-2006-00515" in the subject line
Overall CORPUS CHRISTI SHIP CHANNEL CHANNEL IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (2019) - presentation by the Port of Corpus Christi